Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"YOLO" from Show Low

             
                Well, another month has gone by without a blog from me, and you may have wondered to yourself: “Whats the haps with the Emms?” in those six consecutive words. I can truthfully answer that question for the first time in months with a shrug and a “Not much” which is awesome. Instead of an array of responsibilities and a strict schedule, I’ve been bouncing from odd job to odd job, and focusing on art, reading, Netflix (thanks again, Anna), and special Emma- Kelci time.
            This past week, I’ve been able to spend super awesome sister time, with my cute little- big sister, Kelci. During that time, I used my embarrassingly small knowledge of photography (sorry talented photographer friends), as well as some carefully -honed picmonkey.com skillz, and played “fancy girls night” where we took fun pictures of beautiful Kelci with my art and used them for my blog promos. I figured out how to get prints made of my paintings, and I now have a Facebook page, which, after merely six(ish) days, has accumulated 103 ‘likes,’ (in no small part to the harassment measures Kelci and I took to let ALL our friends know about the page, and the supportive friends who shared the page with their friends). Also, with undeterminable credit towards the mock “failed advertisement strategy” including the eccentric shots of lovely Kelci, and the “This Could Be YOU” slogan, I’ve sold seven of my prints so far. This much attention has been pretty shocking/ encouraging to me so far. Its awesome, but it’s also pretty intimidating. There’s a certain amount of professionalism that is now expected of me, and I’m a nineteen- year- old living in between YOLO and Hipsterville, Arizona; between the parents’ house and a dorm room. I also will be setting up an Etsy account within the next week, and I’m thankful that now I have the time to get all of these things ready to go before school/ work start back up again. Hopefully, I’ll be able to keep up with painting/ blogging along with all that, but don’t hold your breath during the school year, dear readers.
            R&R time has also been great to spend more time with God. Living with Kelci is always an awesome reminder of how much God loves me, since she’s been immersed in a culture that is always eager to share God’s heart with others as a means of casual interactions, for the past two years. I feel like she imparts something incredibly powerful about God every single day to me. Yesterday, she let me know that: “God does things through us, and then gives us credit for it” which lead to my head exploding. She also is probably going to be famous, so it’s important for me to brush over the fact that she beats me if I don’t “repent” before every meal. Being a teacher/artist is gonna acquire some of her connections and financial assistance in the future, plus most people will think that was a joke. Love ya, sis!
            I feel as though I’m getting a perfect break, and able to accomplish all that I’ve been determined to accomplish for the summer, while also growing in intimacy with Christ. It’s so so amazing to have this time, and I hope your summer is going just about the same. Love you all! Don’t do drugs!

            

No comments:

Post a Comment